Hi, friends…. Today I’m going to talk about women present situation in the society like India. Today we are fighting for many issues in India. The first and foremost thing that women want now is safety. Did any men even think about it like why girls in India don’t have a safety? Many are saying that since we all have a born sin that is we are FEMALE. In India female have to fulfill their stereotypes. If not they are called with beautiful names like sluts, and much more. The root of this problem is not men, it’s the complete society.
In our home, what our parents are teaching to their sons? When a brother and a sister are fighting, what would be the words from our parents “don’t beat her, she is a girl (weak girl)”.why always people say women are weak? I agree women are weak than men physically but not mentally. Why in a family people ask opinions from our dad, not our mom? Why should men earn and run a family, why not women, why should women (only women) do all sorts of work in the home? We are suffering amidst all sorts of stereotypes. A small baby boy seeing all these things in his home will grow up like his father in future. So the fault is not in men. The fault is we have a strong belief in stereotypes in our society for gender.
It leads to a belief, that women are vulnerable. And also certain other reason why a lot of rape incidents are happening more in our society is, no harsh actions are taken against men who are committing such mistakes. This makes more likely to do such things if they have a grudge against women. In this society, if a girl doesn’t accept his love proposal then those men will take revenge on her. If a girl scolds men in front of everyone for his sexual abuse in public places then those men will take revenge on her. For them, revenge for defeating women, is raping her. I’m saying the facts that woman are facing in their daily life. And why men always feel superior to women, it’s because of stereotypes that are binding in their mind from their childhood. It’s all the society I blame for!!!!
Instead of shouting to the society, each and every one of us should grow our sons and daughters in a better way. In a better way, I mean that,
- Teach your children that women and men are equal, everyone is a human. Each one should respect each other’s feeling.
- Teach them, only who have a better mental power can succeed, not the physical power.
- Teach them there are no stereotypes for gender, be the way what you like to!
- Teach your girl, that she have rights to have her desires, ambitions
- Teach your son that your wife is not your servant, she is your better half to share your life and ask them to give her space in life.
- Teach them your culture but not the one that cultivates gender stereotypes in his mind.
- All women should have a self-defense skill, teach your kid from her childhood. It would be useful for her at certain critical times.
These are very simple things that everyone could follow to make the world a better place. I’m very happy that I have a certain freedom to express my views in society. I wish that all other girls should also come up by breaking their hurdles out and be strong women in this world.